Friday, January 13, 2017


In appreciation of the night



 

Familiar and known in daylight
 Becomes secretive and foreign at night
Prickly blades tap my bare feet,
Barbed ground, firm then soft,
Ominous shadows block my way,
Ghostly lights flicker and in a flash gone

I send my hands forward,
I yearn to touch,
 Move my fingers along exteriors
Discover, get acquainted, surface.
I desire to gather sounds,
That will sing me into safety

I bring together elements,
To create a whole;
Illuminated signs,
Elusive flickering lights,
Prickly, Brittle and soft
Gloomy silhouettes that obstruct my way

Then the cool air caress my flushed face and I succumb
To its comforting touch, let it cradle me in a blanket of softness
Rest my head on a passing pillow of fog
 I follow faithfully unknown signs trusting their sincerity,
Into dark alleyways where only the outset is visible

No comments:

Post a Comment